Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Kiawah Island for 29 weeks!


So, as I mentioned before, we're on a little beach vacation on Kiawah Island, SC. Patrick's aunt and uncle live here and are so gracious to offer up their house each and every 4th of July week for a zillion family members to come and hang out. (Actually, they've offered for us to come anytime, but we like to come on the 4th, cause it's fun)! :) We've had a great time hanging out with family and all the kids are totally enjoying each other. It's been really great. I've been looking forward to this week for a LONG time.

So, anyway, I'm 29 weeks now and we snapped a few belly, family, beach pictures. :) (Beware- pregnant beach belly pictures)! Here's Patrick and me at the beach with my 29 week belly!
Here's the family! Patrick looks nice and tan, Ava looks like she's ready to break free and run, and I just look semi-whale like. :)

There goes Ava! Told you she was ready to run!

Ava and Bobbi wading in the ocean.

Here are the cousin kids: Ava (mine! almost 3), Ava (cousin! 6), and Reece (3 1/2)! They have had SUCH a fun time playing together!

Otherwise, things are going pretty well. I did have a few pretty rough days when I first got to Kiawah for vacation. I had severe back pain and lower abdominal pain/cramps- much worse than it has ever been before- including anytime during Ava's pregnancy. It was to the point where it was very painful just to walk. Even when I was sitting down, I'd get cramps under my belly that would come and go unprovoked. It worried me a little, but I really think it's just part of being pregnant. My belly is growing so much faster this time, I think it's just stretching and pulling on muscles and ligaments much more than before. Well, after about 2 days of that, it got MUCH better, and since then I've felt quite a bit more comfortable, physically. A few days ago, Patrick ordered me a belly band that's super sexy. :) It seems to help when I'm up and walking about...just holds my belly up a bit and takes some of the weight off my muscles and ligaments. We'll see if it helps long term.

Otherwise...things are good! 11 weeks left!!! I'm starting to get excited and wondering what Baby Bella will look like. :) Hope all is well out there!!

2 comments:

carmen said...

i almost spit out my drink when i read the white whale comment. stupid!!! all i want to know is where is your bikini????? come on, you have a hot bod, show it off!!!

Meaghan said...

Thanks Carmen. You are sweet. I wore a bikini with Ava's pregnancy, but I feel kinda yucky overall with this one and definitely don't feel like sporting a bikini!! :) But thanks for the nice words!