Monday, May 14, 2007

You can call me Doctor!



So, I am officially Doctor Kindregan!!! WOW! That's pretty freaking cool! Graduation day was Friday, May 11th! It was pretty fantastic. The day was full of activities! We had the Hooding Ceremony in the morning (this is when we were presented with our hood- you know the sash thing that you get when you graduate)! If you have a family member who is a dentist, they were allowed to "Hood" you (instead of the dean). So, my Dad hooded me- which was really nice and really special! The the actual graduation was in the afternoon (that's when you get the DIPLOMA and are pronounced a DOCTOR)! The day was great, but very busy and a bit overwheliming....so much so that I didn't really have time to be sad or really think about the fact that dental school is actually over. Well, Saturday morning came around, and it hit me. Of course, Patrick had already left for Alpharetta with the Uhaul, and it was just me by myself in our Augusta house...sobbing! I couldn't stop! It just hit me that I probably wouldn't be seeing many (most) of the people that I've really grown to love over the past 4 years. My classmates and I really share a unique bond unlike any I've had before...and it was just a little sad to think about it being all over...all at once. We'll head back to Augusta a few more times, so that will at least give me a chance to go by the school and say goodbye to some of my favorite faculty. I know that I will still see those of my friends that I was really close to...but still, we had such a wonderful class, and I will really miss seeing such wonderful people everyday. So, anyway, congrats to us! Four hard years are over...just like that! ....it still doesn't feel quite right! But, I'm sure I'll get used to it sometime soon... :)

1 comment:

carmen said...

congrats is for sure~!! and all that on top of being pregnant. sheesh. i hope you let us know when you come in town. i have goodies to give you. i also want your soon to be address. email me!